UK trained teacher moving to the US- advice needed

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Hannah Tallentire, Feb 23, 2018.

  1. Hannah Tallentire

    Hannah Tallentire New Member

    Feb 23, 2018
    Likes Received:

    Feb 23, 2018


    I am a UK qualified teacher (3 year degree in sports science 1 year training on the job/ schools direct) I have been qualified for about 3 years and have completed my probationary year etc in a UK school. I am marrying a US citizen and planning on immigrating to the US over the next year. I was wondering if there has been anyone else in this situation that could offer some advice/shed some light on what steps i would need to take to get qualified and work as a teacher over in the states. Any advice would be greatly appreciated im moving to the state of Massachusetts.
  3. TeacherGroupie

    TeacherGroupie Moderator

    May 13, 2005
    Likes Received:

    Feb 23, 2018

    The first thing is that, while there is a Cabinet-level Department of Education, education falls under the category of powers reserved to each of the states. Try searching for "massachusetts teacher licensure out of country"; this should bring up one or more webpages whose URLs include ".gov", and there's where you want to start. If you find a page that discusses evaluating your university transcript, you're in the right place.

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. Kat.,
  2. NC Teacher 4,
  3. msleep,
  4. futuremathsprof,
  5. MsMar
Total: 414 (members: 8, guests: 377, robots: 29)